Did you know?
So why we recycle paper?
- A ton of recycled paper is equivalent to recycling a newspaper and two white sheets daily for one year.
- A ton of recycled paper saves 20 trees, 3.800 kWh, 32.000L of water and prevents 27 kg of pollutants from being released into atmosphere.
- To reduce deforestation, and this way there will be fewer: landslides, climate change, floods, habitat and biodiversity destruction and destruction of recreation areas;
- To reduce the imports of wood
- To reduce water consumption by up to 60%;
- To reduce energy consumption by up to 40%;
- To reduce air pollution by up to 70%;
- To diminish pollution by up to 35%;
- To decreases the amount of garbage deposited in landfills or incinerators.
Personal story: I lost 60kg of extra weight today :) - I mean by that recycling 60 kg of paper. (
For Bucharest you can use "Depozitul de maculatura"