Rafal came again in Romania for a BI Tour. With this ocassion we had a chance to meet him and freely discuss various subjects. As a side note Rafal is an MVP now :)
- As usual we started with BI. Project Gemini - means Power for Excel - in memory analysis. If you want to read more about it, Ron compiled a large list with resources here: http://blogs.msdn.com/ronpih/archive/2008/10/09/the-gemini-project.aspx
- Next we moved to the financial problems of the present and what they would mean to BI and more generally to IT. Rafal has a simple statement and I agree with him: IT Solutions should become Business Solutions. IT has no choice but to deliver business value.
- Then we went back to BI to several features new in SQL Server 2008, to real life questions and so on.
- What's next to come? Rafal expects to see the "Move to the cloud" tendency to evolve. And that is of course exciting.
- Before leaving for his plane, I had one more confirmation that Rafal is as geeky as I am (not that I had any doubts about it) when he bragged about his new Sony Book Reades. Pretty cool.